Vaceos origins are attributed to Pradanos de Ojeda, whose data hark back to 1,800 BC . 's The Vaceos preferentially settled in the valley of the Pisuerga and occupying different areas formerly forested, rich pasture for their flocks. This " Vaceo " period culminates around the years 200-150 BC with Celtiberización .
When the Romans conquest this land now occupied Prádanos, we assume it belonged to the territory of Cantabria. All this is conjecture based on more or less reliable and with great probability that they are true. The passage of the various peoples have left traces of their existence sufficient to establish with certainty the historical precedent of Prádanos . The first urbanization Prádanos could be traced back to the times of the Moors and even before, the Visigoths and Romans , where the people would be reduced to a remote village in the undergrowth of thick forest with a few houses , inns and taverns and a few peasants .
In the last third of the ninth century pčople from the North areas of Iberian Peninsula repopulated these border lands. Mount forest was disappearing and therefore the need for land clearing to avoid ambushes and surprise assaults by Moors of the towns and villages.
By 1085 begins the reconquest of the city of Toledo and immediately all the lands to the north. From this time comes part of the Romanesque of the Ojeda region. Prádanos was related to the " Campi Gotorum " and occupied lands belonging to the Visigoths which is now called Tierra de Campos , on the other , by the Visigothic necropolis of " Pisoraca " Herrera de Pisuerga today, under the protective shade of Peńa Amaya.
Prádanos was between two major roads that undoubtedly influence his progress : The road coming out of " Pisoraca " to " Portus Blendis " (Cantabria ) and between Amaya and Burgos . Thus Prádanos reach a high rate in trade due to the industrial push . .... " On the backs of mules roamed leagues to sell cloths and wool "
By the tenth century many monasteries were founded in the region of Ojeda , including "San Cosme and Damian " in Cozuelos , shortly after be called "Santa Eufemia " today Olmos de Ojeda, and Prádanos dedicated "San Millan " . This would be located in what today is known as the "Fountain of Palace " in its day " Fuente de San Millan " for being in the neighborhood of the same name.
The first known historical reference corresponds to the thirteenth century. Corresponds to a document found in the History Archives in Madrid . It referred to " Pládanos " lands in a transaction between the Monasteries of Ońa (Burgos ) and San Andrés de Arroyo. In 1214 King Alfonso VIII forms a letter to the abbess Dońa Mencia, by the Monastery of San Millán is locked into the San Andrés de Arroyo.
By the 800s , restocking is undertaken in the Christian kingdoms and are the abbots and monks occupying the first appearing Monasteries becoming wastelands . Prádanos could have been born of the lives of three monasteries : The "San Román " , nestled in the pines of San Román a size which is preserved today in the People's Church "St. Romanuco " ,; the "San Millán " (now Palace source ) and " San Pedro " (today Arrabal source ) .
The village of Prádanos continues its growth driven by a thriving industrial, commercial and agricultural economy to the point that in 1,637 years the village is divided into two districts : The "San Millán " and " San Pedro " .Between 1650 and 1750 , a brutal growing takes place at Prádanos going from levels of 40 to 300 residents to about 1,200 inhabitants and in 1777 reached the census of 2,000. In these years is the historic fulfillment of the village. Those are the richest moments of strong industrial expansion. At this time , Prádanos equals in population , and even exceeded Aguilar de Campo, Cervera de Pisuerga Herrera de Pisuerga , Venta de Bańos ... All the greatness of those years will decline until suffering heavy emigration from of the decade of 1960 and subsequent a drastic and virtually unstoppable decline.
2006 [H.R. Fuente del Val]. Reservados todos los derechos.